2007年12月4日 星期二

挑選類Selection

1. 雜誌,小說,詩歌,喜歡哪個

For me, I like poems the best, because the language is beautiful and so are the ideas. One poem I cherish is from Robert frost “the road not taken”. In it he says he picked one road out of two in the woods and how everything changed ever after. It made me meditate about how different our life can be after a simple choice. It also reminds me to not regret once I’ve settled on a decision. And there are many other poems like this one, beautiful and philosophical. So I love them.

2. 喜歡看哪種電影,為什麼:Comedy, drama, musical…

I’d say I like comedy the best, because it’s amusing. When I want to watch a movie, more often than not, I’m looking for something fun, something that relieves my tiredness or sadness. A comedy fits my criterion perfectly, as it’s not serious as say, documentaries, or tragedies. So I don’t have to think much about it. That’s why I like movies of whoopee Goldberg, especially her sister act. It makes me laugh every time and forget myself. So, this is the primary reason I like comedy.

3. 森林, 沙漠, 平原...你喜歡住在哪種環境裡?

I’d choose to live on a plain, because it’s more suitable. Firstly, I have to consider the transportation problem. Living on a plain is usually more convenient because the transportation system is more established and advanced. Compared with the forest or desert which is not quite accessible, it’s better to live on a plain where it’s easier for you to move or travel. In addition, the climate on a plain is more agreeable than that in the other two. The forest is too humid, and the desert to dry. So, for these reasons, I’d rather live on a plain.

4. 除了academic programs,還有什麼在你選學校的時候很重要:location, cost…?

Besides academic programs, there are two things I would take into consideration when selecting a university. Firstly, the location. Usually I prefer bigger cities than small town because it’s more convenient for living. Also I prefer balmy climate for the place, not too cold nor too hot. In addition, the cost is another thing to consider. The tuition fee must be reasonable and affordable. And if the programs are equally appealing, of course the less money the better. So, location and cost are the other primary concerns when I choose a university.

A good school I went to.

The university I’m studying in is an excellent institution. Firstly, the academic programs are appealing. We have the first-class faculties with solid educational backgrounds and rich experience in teaching and researching. The facilities are also high-standard. We have comfortable classrooms, well-equipped labs, big libraries and brand-new playfields. In addition, its location is perfect in the central part of our capital city Beijing. It’s convenient for transportation and shopping. I think it is the best school I have even studied in.

沒有留言: