2007年12月4日 星期二

描述類 Description(1)

1. 說出你認為對你最有用的一本書,並解釋原因。

I feel the most useful book is the one called “the 100 thousand why”, a book I read during elementary school. It is a threshold book introducing the most basic common sense to children. Although the language is simple, it accommodates all most everything one needs to grasp for life. In my early years, it helped me understand what’s going on in the universe, and establish a scientific view of world in me. In fact, I still remember many things learned from the books and it is undoubtedly the most useful book that has benefited me for the longest time.

2. Describe the most important decision that you made in your life.

So far, entering a university in Beijing has the greatest importance. It changed my life course and shaped my personality tremendously. In Beijing, life is totally different from what I had in my home town. I had to adjust myself to the climate, the dialect, the larger crowd of people and complicate traffic. I also learned to be independent without my parents being around. Moreover, through learning things in the university and making friends with people from all over the county, I developed a receptive attitude and expanded my view of the world. Therefore, study in Beijing is the most important decision for me.

3. Describe a social or political celebration or event in your culture.

4. 描述一件自己印象深刻的celebration或者moment.

In china, the most important celebration would be the celebration for the national day on October 1st every year. On the day, people go to the central square to watch the national flag being raised, and sing our anthem together. There are usually other activities and performance, like an open-air gala or an exhibition of flowers arranged in the shape of Chinese characters or symbolic pictures. People are so happy about this day, for it’s not only the birthday of out mother nation, but also a day to enjoy themselves.


For me, the most unforgettable celebration was the national day 5 years when I first came to Beijing because I celebrated it with my classmates. The day before the national day, we decided to go to the tian’anmen square to watch the flag rise. Twenty of us set out in the midnight and stayed there until sunrise. When the ceremony finally began and we watch the flag climbing, we were so excited and we hold hands with each other and sang the national anthem together. I felt so warm and so proud at the moment. And it becomes a mental picture forever in my head.

5. 閒置時間用來做什麼?

6. 你通常喜歡去什麼park或者public area

7. What will you do to relax yourself?

If I have the chance to relax, I’d like to spend some time in a café with good atmosphere and soft music. There is one such coffee house in my university that I like to go on weekends. I enjoy their delicious coffee and cookies. And also they have interesting magazines available and small chess games you can play. Sometimes I’d invite a close friend to go there together, we sit comfortably and talk about the latest changes in each other. In my opinion, café is pretty good choice when I want some refreshing moments.

8. 你和朋友在一起的時候喜歡去哪個地方?為什麼?

9. 和朋友在一起,喜歡在restaurantcafé還是在家

When I hang out with my friends, I always prefer to spend some time in a café with good atmosphere and soft music. Because I’m a quiet person, and so are most of my friends. There is one such coffee house in my university that we like to go to on weekends. We’d enjoy the delicious coffee and cookies. Sometimes we also read magazines together or play chess games. And we can just sit there and talk about the latest changes in each other. In my opinion, a café is the ideal place for me and my friends to have some peaceful but tasteful moments.

10. 說出你所居住的城市中你最喜歡的地方,給出原因。

I have lived in Beijing for almost 6 years, and have visited many places in the city. However, if I am asked to name the one I like most, I’d always say that the national library is my favorite. It is the biggest library of the country, accommodating millions of books on every subject. It provides all the materials I need for research and for fun. Moreover, visits to the library increase my impulse to acquire new knowledge, because every time I go there I see lots of people reading eagerly and devoutly. These people give me encouragement. I think there is no place in Beijing I like more than the national library.

11. 說一個你敬佩的人的好性格

My mother is the one I admire the most, because she treats me with extraordinary patience and an open mind. When I was little and naughty, it often took my mom many efforts to teach me about good and bad. Sometimes I got very radical, but she was patient enough to bring me back to the track. In addition, She was always supportive when I raised a reasonable request. She also trusted me to make my own decisions, like how to spend my pocket money or which study group to join. Because of my mother’s influence, I became this cultivated and useful person today.

12. Characteristics of friends;

As far as I see, all good friends of mine are honest and helpful. I like honest people because they are easier to deal with. They open their heart to you, you feel safe to confide your problems to them, and they always offer their true opinion for your good. In addition, a good friend is always ready to help when you need a hand, like the old saying “a friend in need is a friend indeed”. They carry your boxes when you change apartment, comfort you when you feel blue, and even lend you money to get you through a tough time. Only friends like this deserve to be credited as the good ones

13. What do you think are the characteristics of a good parent?

As far as I see, good parents all distinguish themselves in treating their child patiently with an open mind. It often takes many efforts to teach the kid about good and bad. Sometimes when the kid gets very radical, the parent needs to be patient enough to bring him or her back to the track. In addition, a good parent is supportive enough when the child raises a reasonable request. They should also trust the kid to make their own decisions, like how to spend their pocket money or which study group to join. Only such parent can one make a good parent.

14. good leader有哪些qualities

As far as I see, good leaders all distinguish themselves in foresights and receptiveness. A leader should be able to see further than his underlings in setting a goal for the whole team. When faced with hardships, he must be able to envision a bright future for other people to hold on. An excellent example will be President Roosevelt during the Great Depression. In addition, a good leader is usually a good listener, too. He tolerates different voices to make his staff feel secure, so they are motivated to contribute more. So I think these tow qualities make a good leader.

15. 老師的character

As far as I see, good teachers all distinguish themselves in patience and understanding about the subject they are teaching. The primary task of a teacher is to transmit knowledge to students; this requires them to know their stuff well. They should be ready with answers whenever a question is raised. In addition, a good teacher needs great patience. If the students cannot follow the points in class, the teacher should repeat the relevant part over and over again until everybody understands. If students come up with questions after class, the teacher should also be willing to take time answering them. Only with these two qualities can one make a good teacher.

沒有留言: