2007年12月4日 星期二

偏好類Preference

1. 你是喜歡自己在家裡吃還是去外面餐館吃?為什麼?

I prefer eating at home, because it’s less expensive and more creative. For one thing, dining outside everyday is not an option for me, as I’m still a student and the budget is always tight. Except for special occasions, I seldom eat out. In addition, I’d like to diy my own dishes, experimenting with all kinds of ingredients and seasoning that suits my taste. It feels more fun. And there is a great feeling of satisfaction. So for these reasons, I like eating at home.

2. 喜歡到大城市讀書還是小城市讀書。

I’d like to study in a big city, for two reasons. Firstly, universities in major city tends to have a higher qualities than those in small towns. The government may have more funding to support educational programs. More faculties are attracted. And better facilities are available. In addition, one meets more people in big cities. They help you broaden your view and even offer your good opportunities for academic or career success. For these reasons, I’d pick a big city to study in.

3. 喜歡一個人住還是和室友住

I’d prefer to live with other people, for two reasons. First, living with someone else teaches ymd to share. As the only child in my family, it’s inevitable for me to think in a self-centered way. Having somebody living with me can remind me to share and can be my first step toward maturity. Moreover, a roommate can be very helpful. Like if you forgot your key or left something in the apartment, having a roommate can save much trouble to solve the problem. So, for these reason, I’d like to have someone living with me.

4. 願意在辦公室工作還是在家工作,為什麼?

I definitely prefer to work at the office, for two reasons. Firstly, the atmosphere in the offices helps you work more efficiently. As it is supposed to be the place for work, everybody will just do his job. And in the office you get the assignment more directly, so misunderstandings are avoided. Moreover, working with other employees is more convenient if there is a problem. You can go and consult your co-workers or even the boss. With help one can do better and learn faster. So, for these reasons, I prefer the traditional way of working in an office.

5. 願意當leader還是當follower

I’d choose to be a leader, because I’d rather be ambitious rather than mediocre. Firstly, as a leader, you have other people count on you. This requires great qualities, like courage, foresights, tolerance, and it is never easy. But you can learn more from a tough work. If I can be a leader, I believe the experience will make me more mature and capable. In addition, another advantage of being a leader is more chances to implement his or her idea. It feels good you can do what you want and do it well. So for these reasons, I prefer the position of a leader rather a follower.

6. Take a long vacation or several short vacations in a year?

I’d like to take a long vacation rather than having several short ones in a year, because a long vacation enables me to make bigger plans for recreation.

Eg1: a long trip to anther city, or even foreign country

Eg2: return to my hometown to see my parents, it’s especially important for people who works far away from home to have a longer vacation, so we can stay more time with family.

So, for the above reasons, I like to take a long vacation for bigger plans.

7. Do you prefer to study alone on work assignment from class or to study in group?

8. 同意或不同意students will learn more when they have discussions

I definite prefer to study alone, because it’s more efficient. For one thing, when left alone, I concentrate more on the work assignment. In a group discussion while other people talk and you have to listen, a lot of information from the textbook may be missed. But studying alone you have more time to read and think more thoroughly. In addition, I like to study according to my own pace, like spending more time on my weak points. But in a group study, the majority preference decides all. So for these reasons, I prefer study by myself.

9. Communicate with your family and friends by letter and e-mail or by telephone

I always communicate with my family or friends by telephone, for two reasons. Firstly, it’s feels more close to the one you’re talking to. By telephone, you can communicate with hearing the other voices. It always gives me a sense of intimacy, especially when I’m talking to someone from the family, since I study far away from home. In addition, actually hearing the words prevent misunderstanding. The use of tones and emphasis in talking helps people to know your true meaning. So, for these two reasons, I choose telephone.

10. 賺錢的工作還是personal satisfaction 高的工作

I’d choose a job with more personal satisfaction, for two reasons. Firstly, it’s sad to put the pragmatic concern before everything. If I force myself to do a job without incentive for money concerns, chances are that I will not be fully-devoted to do it well, and of course my money will be affected at the end. In addition, a job with more income is often damaging to the health, because of the tension and competition. So I think it’s always safe to count on the job with more satisfaction to you for a long-term concern.

11. 在旅行時,有些人喜歡直接到達目的地,有些人卻喜歡沿途一路上觀光。

For me, I like to take my time and see things along the way. Firstly, who knows there can be some surprisingly beautiful sights on the way, and I don’t want to miss it. It can be even better than the place I wanted to go. In addition, I don’t like to rush myself. If I do so, I may already feel tired when I get to my destination. And if the point is to relax through traveling, I’d like to start that from the moment I set out. So, that’s my reason for sight-seeing along the way.

12. Get advice from family and friends or learning through personal experience.

I’d probably take advice from my family or friends, because it’s more helpful. For one thing, I know myself can be very stubborn sometimes, and I’m not aware of my problem until somebody points it out for me. And moreover, suggestions from older people or friends are more valuable. Because they watch things from another angle, they can come up with something more objective or comprehensive. More often than not, they see things you don’t see. So I’ think it’s wiser to ask for opinions from them.

13. 你選擇online courses還是traditional courses

I’d definitely choose traditional courses over online courses, because I’m more accustomed to the conventional way. I’m used to facing a teacher in the class. By concentrating on the person, I can focus on the lecture. Staring at the computer will make me tired and bored very soon. In addition, the traditional classroom allows you to raise question any time you want, which is not possible by taking online courses, because the content on the internet is pre-designed and unchangeable. So for these reason, I’d rather stick to the traditional courses.

14. Which one do you think is better to help do research, internet or academic books?

Usually I’d use both of them for my research, but if I have to choose on, I’d say the internet. For one thing, nowadays the internet has almost everything you need, but the library does not. For example, the book you want may be included or may be borrowed by someone else. In addition, it saves your energy to use internet. All you need is a computer. But carrying books around can be very heavy. So, for these reasons, I’d prefer to search online.

15. Make friends with people who have different interests from you?

Usually I don’t make friends with people who are quite different from me, because it’s hardrer. For one thing, I like to be with someone who shares my interest. It makes me feel closer to the person. We can talk about things in common, and understand each other better. In addition, conflicts may arise when I’m with someone quite different. What if I happen to be on the opposite side of his interest or view? We can argue with each other, and the relationship can be ruined. So for these reason, I prefer making friends who are similar to me.

沒有留言: