2007年12月3日 星期一

Lost ID.....加試題

Part III

Listening 7: Lost ID

S: Hi, I am looking to a place to get a student ID card. Is this the right place?

C: Yah, but you can’t come into this place, unless you have a student ID.

S: Yah, but that’s why I am here. I am here to get a new card. I lost mine.

C: I am sorry to hear that, but I can’t let people in; people who don’t have ID.

You need to show your student ID to get pass the security.

S: I got in last month when I didn’t have my student ID. What’s the problem now?

C: During the first two weeks, sure. You have to take your photo taken. But now, it’s different.

S: So, what am I supposed to do? I couldn’t get into the dorm without my student ID. They sent me here.

C: ok. Let’s send an e-mail to find out. They will answer right away.

C: Hum, ok. We need to see your driver’s license then, or some government issued IDs, like a passport, and then I can let you in.

C: Do you have a picture ID?

S: No, that’s the problem.

S: I lost my wallet and all my IDs are in it. Everything’s gone.

C: well, they won’t give you a new ID without some sort of identification.

C: what about your passport?

S: That’s the problem. That’s in my dorm room and I can’t get into my dorm room.

S: Hum….. this is just …… (inpatient)

C: (interrupt) … wait wait…

C: Let me check again.

C: Do you happen to remember your ID number?

S: Sure, it’s 2-2-4-4-3-5

C: Ok. The director of security says I can let you in, but you need to be escorted. Sorry, it’s just one of our rules.

S: Oh, well… I don’t care.

C: don’t worry! They will look your records and verify that’s you. Your original ID’s picture is in our computer records, and you will get a new card right away. That should get you going.

S: Oh, thanks so much!

C: I know it must be terrible. Did you have much stuff in your wallet?

S: No, just a few dollars and my meal pass and party invitation.

C: your meal pass? (rising tone)

C: No problem, you can get one of those too. Just ask.

S: Hoow…I was just starting to get hungry.

C: Ok, here comes your escort. You are all set.

S: You’ve been a big help. I am really appreciated. Really!!!

C: Hey, I was glad I was able to help you out.

S: You are glad. ( rising tone and then fall down)

Q1: What is the student’s problem?

Ans: she needs to get a new ID card

Q2: why doesn’t the student go to her dorm room to get her passport?

Ans: she is not allowed to enter the dorm

○ She is not sure whether her passport is in her dorm room.

○ She is not allowed to enter the dorm.

○ She does not have an appropriate escort.

○ She does not have a passport.

Q3 how will the security staff verify the student’s identity?

Ans: by locating her ID records in the computer system

Q4 what does the man infer about the student’s meal plan?

Ans: It can be reissued at the same time as her ID card

Q5 Hey, I was glad I was able to help you out.

S: You are glad.”

What does the girl means when she says “ you are glad”.

○ She does not think the man is truly glad.

○ She is annoyed that it took so long to solve the problem.

○ She is surprised the man was able to help her.

○ She is relieved to have the problem solved.

Ans: She is relieved to have the problem solved

沒有留言: